Mohare & Khopra Danda community trek 14 Days
Duration: 14 days
Trip level: moderate (info?)
Maximum altitude: 3780 m
Season: March, April, May, September, October, November
The Mohare & Khopra Danda community trek is a new trail in the Annapurna region. Set up as a community trek you will stay at a few teahouses run by and for the local Gurung and Magar community in the area. Despite being in the heart of the popular Annapurna region, Mohare & Kopra Danda is far less crowded than the well-known trails in the region. The sunrise at Muldai Peak is spectacular. This is one of several new community-managed projects in Nepal where the benefits from tourism reaches the whole community.
The trek starts at Bhumdi near Pokhara. You hike through the tropical rhododendron forest with countless orchids. The sunset at Panchase Hill is a good starter of the views to come within the coming days. After a few days hiking past local villages you will reach Mohare Danda. The community lodge stands on a steep ridge and offers beautiful panoramas of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri mountain ranges. Famous mountains like Mount Dhaulagiri (8167m), Nilgiri (7061m), Annapurna South (7219m) and Annapurna I (8091m) are all in this viewpoint. After Mohare Danda you will descent to the lovely little farmer village of Swanta. From Swanta it is a two day climb to Khpora Danda. You will sleep in teahouses run by and for the local community. At Khopra again stunning views, and you can even see Upper Mustang in the distance. From Khopra ridge it is a long day hike to Dobato, and you have to bring a lunch package. An early wake up and a short climb to the Muldai Peak (3680m) will follow the next morning. At Muldai Peak you will be rewarded with a beautiful sunrise. The Himalays are nearby and you will have a stunning 360 view towards the hills and the high mountains. From Muldai Peak you can see Dhaulagiri, Annapurna I, Annapurna South and Machapuchre. From the Peak you look down at the lower and crowded Poon Hill. Muldai Peak is significantly closer to the mountains. After this beautiful and stunning sunrise you will hike through lush rhododendron forest to Tadapani and Ghandruk. Ghandruk is famous for its recruitment of the brave Ghurka soldiers. From Ghandruk a drive will take you back to Pokhara.
Day 01 Drive Kathmandu to Bhumdi (1520m – 8 hrs.)
Day 02 Trek to Panchase Bhanjyang (1945m – 7 hrs.)
Day 03 Climb to Panchase Hill (2470 m) for sunrise view and trek to Tilhar (2050 m – 7 hrs.)
Day 04 Trek to Lespar (2321m – 4 hrs.)
Day 05 Trek to Tare (3032m – 7 hrs.)
Day 06 Trek to Mohare Danda (3320m – 6 hrs.)
Day 07 Trek to Danda Kharka (2820m – 3 hrs.)
Day 08 Trek to Swanta (2200m – 5 hrs.)
Day 09 Trek to Chistabang (2975m – 8 hrs.)
Day 10 Trek to Khopra Danda (3660m – 4 hrs.)
Day 11 Trek to Dobato (2620m – 8 hrs.)
Day 12 Climb to Muldai Peak (3780m) for sunrise and trek to Tadapani (2630m – 4 hrs.)
Day 13 Trek to Ghandruk ( 1951m – 4 hrs.) and drive to Pokhara (3 hrs.)
Day 14 Drive Pokhara to Kathmandu, , flight is optional ( 6hrs.)
During the trekking season prices may rise. The final price depends on the trekking season, group size and the cost of local transfers.
Please inquire about the price
We have noticed the ways of travelling and booking are changing rapidly. Many customers book a hotel or a guesthouse themselves prior to their journey. However, we would happily like to arrange accommodation for you. We have excellent contacts with various hotels and guesthouses and will be able to offer a good price rate for any budget.
When you arrive at the International Airport we will pick you up and bring you to your accommodation. Here we will give you a short briefing about the trek. In addition we will give you advice about hygienic food, customs, and sightseeing in Kathmandu.
– Pick up and drop off from Kathmandu International Airport to hotel
-Return drive by tourist bus Kathmandu to Pokhara; drive to start and from end trek
– Certificate of CO2- emission free for all transport
– One night in guesthouse in Pokhara after trek
– Licensed and certified mountain guide. Well experienced and English speaking
– Salary, food, accommodation and insurance for the mountain guide
– Free use of waterproof bag ( only available with porter service)
– ACAP fee, TIMS card and local taxes
– Support of the Sherpa Heritage Trails head office in Kathmandu
– International flight to Kathmandu
– Nepal entrance visa
– Accommodation and all meals in Kathmandu
– All meals in Pokhara
– Lodging and food during trek
– Porter service for carrying luggage. One porter for two persons, max. luggage 10 kg. per person
– All beverage bills, hot shower, internet services, laundry and battery charge during trek
– Personal travel insurance
– Rescue operation charge in case of an emergency
– Any cost that arises due to a change of itinerary like flight delay, natural calamities, etc.
– Gratitude and tips for mountain guide (and porter)